Thursday, March 22, 2012

Twin Lambs For Naomi !

Cedar Pond's Naomi was the 2nd ewe to lamb here on Cedar Pond. She is getting old, her teeth are getting scarce, but she is still healthy and one of my favorite ewes.
Naomi had twins this year, a ram and a ewe.They are oh so tiny, but very soon after birth they were on their feet and nursing. That is one of the things I love about Jacob sheep, they usually give birth easily and their lambs are up and ready to go in short time. And the lambs are soooooooooooo cute!
The ewe ( girl ) lamb is the smaller and darker lamb. I know I am keeping her, simply because she is probably one of the last ewe lambs I will get from Naomi, and Naomi came from another of my favorite sheep, Ruth. Not a practical reason to keep sheep, way too sentimental, but there you have it, I love some of these sheep more than others.These lambs are Ruth's grandchildren.

The sire of these lambs is Cedar Pond's Goth. I think both of these lambs have 4 horns. I hope the ewe's horns are nicely placed, we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh soooooo cuite I have my own sheep and I'm buying jacobs .... Anyone u could suggest in ulster?

    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete